- Do you enjoy doing visual data cleanup work? For example: using graphic tools to create and edit maps/floorplans/geographic layouts, etc
- Do you for some reason really like exploring Google Earth and other satellite map software?
If you answered “YES” to one or more of these questions, we want to talk!
BLUEFIN, LLC is a fun, fast-paced, and growing company that provides facility management consulting services specializing in roofing, pavement, and building envelope management. Our clients know us as problem solvers who improve facility management by delivering tailored solutions based upon their goals, challenges, and values. That is why we're looking for a Project Mapping Specialist to join our team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Data Specialist
DUTY: Project Data Mapping
- Performing live edits within Mantis Perform® database
- Effectively applying BLUEFIN’s Mantis Perform® methodology to the roof assessment process
- Updating Mantis Perform® database using export/import of Excel CSV and XLSX files
- Assisting with estimating of new work via satellite mapping
- Creating project maps, timelines, and checklists for data collection
- Providing client support via helpline and monitoring technical issues
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Data Specialist
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technically competent with Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in and/or knowledge of commercial roofing
- Experience with the software applications Dataforma, ArcGIS, or AutoCAD
- Expertise with infrared and thermal imaging technologies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Data Specialist
- Able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Strong service/support orientation
- Ability to handle customer issues with sensitivity and efficiency
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexibility to deal with the unexpected
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 10%)
- Works effectively with colleagues and staff by practicing respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving and honest communication
- Displays empathy and positive regard for others in written, verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Builds trusting relationships acting with integrity, courtesy and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: Data Specialist
- Work is performed in a non-smoking office setting
- Usual office environment with long periods of sitting, walking, standing, stooping
- Ability to travel as needed (via vehicle, airplane, etc.)
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as email and telephone
- Lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Working extended hours may be required as needed.
What sets BLUEFIN apart as a place to grow, contribute, and enjoy professional satisfaction?
- The opportunity to learn cutting-edge technology skills. Our employees are using patented, cutting-edge assessment and information management tools to provide strategic planning and program management to large multi-facility building owners.
- High-profile clients who appreciate what we do. We serve a variety of clients in government, education, industrial, food processing, transportation, financial, retail, and hospitality sectors. Our typical customer has over 2 million square feet of roofs under management, with many being significantly larger.
- Cooperative teams that emphasize mutual respect and safety. We are very committed to and protective of this environment.
- Professional development opportunities. We believe in fostering personal and professional growth.
- A friendly and enjoyable working environment. We get along extremely well with one another and with our clients.
- Hard-working colleagues. We’re passionate about solving problems and delivering value to our clients.
- Attractive compensation packages - with exceptional employee benefits.
*Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
*This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to the position's duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
BLUEFIN, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.