Commercial Roofing QA Observer
- Do you have a deep knowledge of the commercial roofing industry?
- Do you enjoy learning and or have experience in the facility management, construction, roofing, or the architectural engineering industry?
- Are you great at quality assurance observation with a keen eye for identifying roof installation quality?
If you answered “YES” to one or more of these questions, we want to talk!
GENERAL PURPOSE: To effectively apply BLUEFIN methodology in the facility (roof, walls, pavement, and energy) inspection process for BLUEFIN projects and to provide quality assurance observation on projects as needed. The primary duty will surround Quality Assurance Observation but other duties may include roof surveys, pavement surveys, and building envelope surveys.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Commercial Roofing QA Observer
DUTY: Quality Assurance Observation
- Liaison between the Owner/Architect and the Roofing Contractor
- Read, understand, and be familiarize with the related contract and the specifications agreed upon by the Client and the Roofing Contractor
- Inspects the material and confirms correct storage methods
- Reports accurate progress of the project, confirms correct installation methods and adherence to change orders, and oversees and advises in troubleshooting situations
- As the roof system is removed confirms the condition of the deck and insures all necessary deck repairs are completed per the contract.
- As the system is installed confirms the system is watertight on a nightly basis and the contractor installs undamaged and specified materials
- Monitors all punch work and inspects the final product in conjunction with a manufactures rep to address any punch items necessary for warranty
- Adhere to BLUEFIN safety standards at all times
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as project requires. May include full-body harness, lanyards, ropes, anchors, work gloves, sun screen, UV protective safety glasses, hat to deflect sun, hard hat, work boots, and safety vest or high-visibility shirt
- Participate in identifying job hazards through the job hazard analysis (JHA) form and alternatives to said hazards
- Participate and or lead daily safety briefing
- Stop work, report conditions and/or behavior, and suspend work until conditions or behavior have been resolved
- Report all incidents immediately including near misses
- Handling hazardous materials as directed by safety data sheets (SDS)
- Enter time into system on a daily basis
- Complete expense report accurately and timely providing all necessary back-up
- Respond to emails/voicemails in a timely manner
- Upload data on a daily basis
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Commercial Roofing QA Observer
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum five years commercial roofing experience
- Technically competent with field data collection tools
- Technically competent with Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred but not required:
- IIBEC Certification: Registered Roof Observer, Registered Roof Consultant
- Roofing Technology Certificate
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- Basic Pavement Technology Acknowledgements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Commercial Roofing QA Observer
- Ability to read and interpret project plans, specifications, and submittals.
- Proficient use of lap top and MS Office software.
- Ability to write detailed observation reports including photographic documentation.
- Experience in performing infrared and capacitance moisture surveys.
- Valid driver’s license with minimal driving offences over the last five years.
- Ability to perform minor maintenance work including restoration mortar and re-grouting tile.
- Physically able to climb scaffolding/ladders on a daily basis.
- Ability to communicate clearly with design teams, project owners, architects, engineers, general contractors and related subcontractors.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: Commercial Roofing QA Observer
- Work is typically performed out-of-doors with exposure to all types of weather
- Work is performed on or in the buildings of customers
- Work is performed in a non-smoking environment
- Ability to travel up to 20% (via vehicle, airplane, etc.)
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as email and telephone
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Working extended hours may be required as needed
What sets BLUEFIN apart as a place to grow, contribute, and enjoy professional satisfaction?
- The opportunity to learn cutting-edge technology skills. Our employees are using patented, cutting-edge assessment and information management tools to provide strategic planning and program management to large multi-facility building owners.
- High-profile clients who appreciate what we do. We serve a variety of clients in government, education, industrial, food processing, transportation, financial, retail, and hospitality sectors. Our typical customer has over 2 million square feet of roofs under management, with many being significantly larger.
- Cooperative teams that emphasize mutual respect and safety. We are very committed to and protective of this environment.
- Professional development opportunities. We believe in fostering personal and professional growth.
- A friendly and enjoyable working environment. We get along extremely well with one another and with our clients.
- Hard-working colleagues. We’re passionate about solving problems and delivering value to our clients.
- Attractive compensation packages - with exceptional employee benefits.
*Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
*This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to the position's duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
BLUEFIN, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.